Attend A MeetingThe Pizza Party convenes the Third Thursday of each month between September and June. Here's how things usually shake out:
- 5:30 pm
- Members and guests gather in the lobby of the Pizza Party clubhouse for networking and whatever food has been deemed to be 'pizza' that evening.
- 6:00 pm
- The CFAR Network triangle is rung by the pizza party director / goddess to convene the meeting. A global leader in the field du jour gives an fascinating presentation. Members and guests ask provocative questions.
- 7:00 pm
- One or two follow up presentations on locally-driven related research are given by Emory/CDC faculty. Meeting attendees find themselves amazed once again at the incredible depth of research happening right here on the Clifton Corridor.
- 7:30 pm
- Members and guests adjourn for wine (yeah, beer would make more sense, given that this is a PIZZA party, but, bizarrely, beer is trés expensive at Emory), more networking, and an opportunity to schmooze with the speakers.
- 8:00 pm or so
- Wander home intellectually stimulated, well fed and hydrated, and already looking forward with great anticipation to next month's meeting.
Register to Attend:
- Consult the calendar of upcoming meetings
- RSVP your attendance at least five days in advance of a specific meeting -- we need an accurate headcount for dinner! To do this:
- Click on the "Count Me In!" button at the top of a specific month's announcement on the current calendar.
- Fill out and submit the online registration form that magically (albiet slowly sometimes) appears.
Hope to see you at the Party, its more fun than you can shake a stick of oregano at!